New financial education campaign led by the NFEC
DALLAS, January 20, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — People across the United States are facing financial challenges — from struggling to put food on the table to having a shortage of retirement savings. These financial problems affect most Americans, and many people report having no one to turn to for advice.
But now there is a new initiative led by the National Financial Educators Council (NFEC) that offers hope for our country’s challenges: the Unite for Financial Literacy Campaign.
This campaign aims to connect stakeholders from various industries to work together towards a common goal: to empower people in local communities to gain financial literacy. Improving people’s financial well-being will help them meet their basic needs while allowing them to move forward in achieving their personal, family and community goals.
United for Financial Literacy welcomes individuals who feel called to educate, advocate, inspire and lead financial wellness initiatives to serve members of their local community. The campaign mobilizes local financial wellness champions and provides them with the resources, training and support they need to bring practical financial education to their communities.
the Unite for Financial Literacy Campaign is currently seeking the involvement of a variety of stakeholders to fulfill the following roles:
- Educate – we need teachers and volunteers to pass on this practical financial knowledge. Education can be provided by financial services professionals and coaches who take the time to teach their clients and provide one-on-one support.
- Advocate – Financial literacy starts at the community level, so we need advocates to promote the importance of financial education to their friends and neighbors.
- Inspire – Use the power of your business or organization to bring financial education to the people you serve. In turn, your members and the organization itself will mutually benefit from this financial wellness effort.
- Communicate – for parents and everyone in the community, you can get involved by talking about money with your children and loved ones. Don’t let money remain a mystery. Instead, give the people you love valuable information.
- Lead – be the champion who brings financial wellness program to your community. The United for Financial Literacy campaign provides you with all the materials, support and training you need to empower members of your community with vital knowledge about financial wellness.
To effectively meet today’s financial challenges, we must work together. Now is the time to get involved and help lead the charge toward greater financial well-being for the citizens of our nation.
the The National Financial Educators Council is a Certified B Society™ and a Supplier accredited by IACET focused on mobilizing a global force of champions and advocates, empowering them with industry-leading training and resources, to spread the message and support communities around the world with greater financial well-being.
SOURCE National Council of Financial Educators